Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Home at last

It is hard to describe how wonderful it is to be home.  This process started years ago (not really that long since Mami is Colombian), with fears, anticipation, annoyances, and plenty other emotions related to the adoption process (Not to mention the costs!).  How long will it take, what will the kids be like, how can we take so many weeks of work off, how is this possible?  These are questions that can't really be answered until the moments occur.  The hardest moment for me was telling my wonderful wife that I had to go back to the US before the process was complete.  Why?  Because I ran out of vacation/sick time at work and we had to get paid.  Paying the bills seemed so insignificant to the situation, but then reality kicks in.  To pay the bills, someone has to go to work.  So I did, and it hurt.  Skyping with Mami and the kids really helped, but I knew she had to bring two kids back with her on a plane on her own, ugh.

All of that is over, the family is home, we are all together and we can't wait to start our lives together.  We walked Angie down the street to her new elementary school to show her how close it is.  She loved it, Cristian enjoyed being pulled in a wagon behind his sister, and I could tell Mami was just happy to be home.

More later, or not, we are just happy to be home!    

No comments:

Post a Comment